Yesterday Gov. Kevin Stitt held a press conference to shed light on the state’s current supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). Click here to view Governor Stitt’s press conference: https://oklahoman.com/article/5659681/coronavirus-in-oklahoma-stitt-is-cautiously-optimistic-the-states-hospitalization-rate-is-flattening
Here are a few highlights from the press conference, along with several other updates:
- Gov. Stitt said he is “cautiously optimistic” that the rate of people being hospitalized from COVID-19 symptoms is starting to flatten in Oklahoma. Last week 560 Oklahomans were hospitalized with COVID-19. Yesterday there were 407.
- There are 958 ICU beds in the state and almost 2,000 ventilators.
- The state has purchased millions worth of personal protective equipment from all over the world and has a system in place to distribute those materials to first responders. This includes about 4 million pairs of gloves, 173,000 face shields and goggles, about 900,000 masks, and 110,000 respirators.
- Confirmed cases in Oklahoma have reached 1,472.
- There have been 67 deaths in Oklahoma as result of COVID-19.
Information regarding essential status for businesses can be found here:
Here is a link to the OK Dept. of Health’s website that is updated daily with current information on COVID-19: